Friday, February 13, 2015

creciendo...siempre, creciendo....

growing....growth....mandatory....not optional.  




picking up speed.....increasing.... gaining momentum....

I've wanted to do this post for a little while now...and right now seems like a good idea.


growth.  progress.... yes. come....walk with me.....

Back in July when I started this blog...this is what I painted...and it was a huge step for me...I've taken a life drawing class before...but this was beyond that...




Shortly after that try, I gave it another go....and painted this one...



which, I thought was a huge improvement.  I'm still really happy with this.  

I love this kind of thing...review....assess....let's look how far we've gone... 




and then there was this....leap...

you know....self explanatory...but I was indeed, moonstruck at this point...and wanted to keep growing and knocking down boundaries...

because....it's kind of important....to knock down boundaries...




and then...this.... and I felt like with every practice...getting closer to figuring out where I want to go....


you know...because this is my vision quest....a walkabout....trying to figure things out

by trying...and living....and expressing...


which then led me to playing with these colors...


and this beautiful combination....which still makes me smile....mineral colors, a patina.  

just beautiful....




finding a looser way to be....letting intuition take over....feeling, not thinking...never over think. 




and this...a powerful image...and I love all the white...left- untouched. 





which then...eventually led to this, yellow....warm...and on fire. 







and THAT....is improvement....movement....forward...with every single brush....stroke.  creating, inspiring...getting inspired by others....feeling that sense of accomplishment that comes from turning a blank sheet of white paper....into inspiration...

and
THAT.....is powerful.  

There comes a certain sense of confidence and happiness that comes from making another human smile from something you've done.



peace...and love....and growing....together.  









No comments:

Post a Comment