Friday, February 6, 2015

elevation or...every little thing she does is magic

hold on to your butt... (Lego Movie, Vitruvius)





and I mean that....I'm just getting warmed up....and I have a lot to say....and paint...and share...

I'm a category 6 sunshine hurricane.... that's right.....you heard me.  :) Cat 6.

sometimes....out running errands...I scan the 'hood looking for people I can help...that's right...

I change weather patterns...I should have a super hero name....

my sunshine....shines on a person....that person....starts to shine....then it's like a domino of sunshine...changing local weather cells....driving the isolated showers of assholes away.


and also....something I've given some thought to.....Elevation...yeah, like- ...and happiness metaphors...

which brings me to: direction.....spatial descriptions...and color associations...for happiness.

and our intuitive feeling of up....what's UP is good....high....light....yellow, happy

feeling bad...depressed... :( deflated

...sunken....falling....sinking....low....blue....sad...the blues....


there are cross-cultural similarities...why wouldn't there be...we feel emotions the same...cross-culturally...we just have different metaphors for them....shaped by cultural references... (Polley, C.A., 2012)

but....I'm not as much concerned...about the fact that cross-culturally, metaphors are similar to describe emotions such as happiness, or anger...or sadness....


but...the fact that we feel elated, open-hearted....the feeling you get when you are elevated....happy...higher than a kite...at dizzying heights....

amazing....to really know that feeling...




higher vibrations in energy?  yes? i'm sure there's some neuro-bio- jimmy jam about it... I can imagine emotions that we feel have real physical parallels in the natural world around us...of course they do....

but still....the elation you feel when you are completely engulfed in bliss...that feeling.....that one....is amazing.....and it is a clear feeling of lightness....contrasted with the weighty-heaviness of depression, or sadness...and as such...we are able to express it as it makes our body feel....and our soul....and our mind....

we are connected to this world through our body...as our senses take it all in...and our embodied experience is described in the most beautiful metaphors...gorgeous imagery trying to express emotions....amazing that we do this in language...it just amazes me....

yeah, like U2, Elevation

High, higher than the sun
you shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here

at the corner of your lips
as the orbit of your hips
eclipse
you elevate my soul

got no self control
been living like a mole now
going down, excavation
I and I, in the sky
you make me feel like I can fly
so high

El-e-va-tion  :) 



and the blissful highs....that we should all have....come to us....but we wouldn't know them unless we felt what contrasts this.

today...

is a great day to be alive...


fantastic fucking day to be alive....soak in the sun and feel elevated...who cares how we describe it...the feeling is amazing.  may you be caught in your own sunshine hurricane...

once again....I rambled...but, it's my blog.  so i can. :)



peace...and love....and sun-shining hurricanes....











#metaphors
#happiness
#watercolors

referenced:

Deignan, A., & Potter, L. (2004). A corpus study of metaphors and metonyms in English and Italian. Journal of Pragmatics36(7), 1231-1252.

Polley, C. A. (2012). Metaphors for happiness in English and Mandarin Chinese(Doctoral dissertation, UNIVERSITY OF HAWAI ‘I AT MĀNOA).

No comments:

Post a Comment