Tuesday, February 10, 2015

gloria...and collapsing duality

HI!   


this is gloria...

two.
three.
four.

I try to sing this song I...I try to stand up but I can't find my feet...I try..I try to speak up, but only in you...

I'm complete...
gloria...

en te domine   (U2, Gloria) 






I love this song....especially from Red Rocks.  

and Bono said this....about it, as quoted in the race of angels 

"I actually really like that lyric.  It was written really quickly.  I think it expresses the thing of language again...this thing of speaking in tongues, looking for a way out of language.  'I try to sing this song...I try to stand up but I can't find my feet.'   and taking this latin thing, this hymn thing.  It's so outrageous at the end going to the full Latin whack...that still makes me smile.  It's so wonderfully mad and epic and operatic.  -- and I think what happened at that moment was very interesting:  people saw that you could actually write about a woman in the spiritual sense and that you could write about God in the sexual sense...and that was a moment.  because before that there had been a line...." 


collapse of duality.  I kind of love that concept.  Because...we define so many things...and love to put them in categories- so strictly that we don't think- what happens if the line gets erased?  What really happens? why can't both- co-exist?  People seem so ready to dig themselves in...and refuse to move because they label themselves a certain way.... It's the realization that perceived boundaries are everywhere....but...would seem....arbitrarily so....some just...don't need to be around...

the collapse....of boundaries...and what we hold on to reality....I read somewhere, that when you let go....let go of what you expect....you let go of fear...because when you expect a certain outcome...you are left with holding on to that outcome and your reality gets shaped...and fear sets in....fear of - what if that outcome doesn't happen?  people then fear....instead of being open to possibility....they fight hard for what they think things should be like....and in a sense.....struggling and fighting- grabbing hold of anything to confirm their reality....instead of just letting go....and letting the river carry them to what may be....the possibility of the unknown....collapse the boundary....of what you perceive and what could be....the collapse of the duality....of two worlds you think should be separate....but that can exist by releasing fear....

collapse the duality....for example...science and spirituality....hmmmmmm.   interesting.  :)  










I read a blog.... this one.... ONEDRAWINGDAILY.com :) 

and I love it....practice...practice....it's awesome seeing the results of the practice.  

oh...and now I'm on Tumblr, Moonstricken

and my website, here...kelemurphyarts.com


peace and love...and collapsing duality and chasing away mediocrity...





No comments:

Post a Comment