Thursday, February 19, 2015

hello...again, it's me

ah.. this...story.





When I was 16...I got new neighbors and they were....three, twenty-something single males.  

end of story.  HA! 


but...really...i mean...that was the most exotic thing that had ever happened to me at that point.  

and I was a curious curious....teenage girl...who had lots of Spanish homework....and who needed help with it.  (I'm a smart girl....I didn't really need help with it)   

and so...anyway.... let's just say...I had reasons to go over there...and observe the natural surroundings of three, twenty-something males.  

fascinating environment.....for a 16 year old girl.  






but really...the real reason for this post is to explain why....Basia is in the usual roundup of music I play.  yeah....weird. right?  Basia?   she is dripping with optimistic, lovey, queso....the queso-est queso (ok....queso means 'cheese' in Spanish....if you need the translation) ....and I mean...CHEESY...but I love it.  sometimes...I just need a good dose of this type of optimism.  I don't know if it's me....just finding music that matches my spirit? or if the music helped shape my spirit....or both...I suppose...probably both.  

I am the eternal optimist....and I don't know how to be any other way....and so....when I heard this music....probably match my vibrations... :)  it just amplified me.  yes...that must be it..super charged optimism.  

oh....so, why Basia?   well, these....young men....had a bunch of the music in the house...and played it a bunch just after some spring break vacation they all took....where they came back tanned....and listening to Basia.  and Matt Bianco...all of this....was exotic....to me....in a world of typical, late 80's, Minnesota, smaller town...radio filled with Debbie Gibson...and Guns N Roses.  

and...Hi.... neighbor...and I was fascinated...and impressionable.  





and so.....then... there I was....also....listening to Basia and Matt Bianco...like, Half a Minute...with it's bouncy beat....feeling all....bossa nova..latin poppy, jazzy.  I dunno...it just grabbed me at the time...as something totally new...and sunny...super gooey romantic... and why the hell not?  get in touch with that part....the one that wants to smile...and feel the warmth of sunshine....

sometimes we need to listen to that voice...you know...the one that speaks directly from your heart...sometimes...it's a whisper....and you have to quiet all other things and start listening....


Hello...again it's me....
Your shoulder's where I sit...
the half...nobody sees....of a silent partnership.
I am here..your helping hand. 

I'm never far away..
A clear view from where I stand
I'll be there if you need me
I am your helping hand...
My words, you've heard them all before. 
It's only for the sake of love. 

It's gonna be a new day for you....
the stars have played their part, 
the past is gone and done...
have more faith in love..
the best is yet...to come.    (Basia, A New Day For You)



and lately...I've been doing a lot of just....lines.  which I love.   minimal...stuff. 









peace...and love....and ooooooooooooey.....gooooooey.......queso...and Spanish homework...HA!  

i'm kidding....I'll never need help on my Spanish homework...I have a PhD in linguistics.  















No comments:

Post a Comment