Sunday, February 1, 2015

my antarctica....

it's cold today...and I've been painting like...I'm on fire...

which is a good thing, because our heat suddenly stopped yesterday for most of the day and night....and then suddenly came back on....

and having heat...is really nice in the winter.






there's a Duran Duran song....that is so...perfectly cold and haunting.... somber and focused....stoic. 


and it goes like this....




Once I thought that I was in control
But that was just another trick of fate...

playing with my life. 
There have been some times- I was so tied up, and I said to myself
Gotta break it all...
but didn't really try....
two hearts beating in this place you've made, 
you know nothing changes...My Antactica...

you can make your rhymes and paint your rules
in black and white, 
for me to memorized, 
but never understand...

and there will be time, 
for a thousand vows, 
oh, a thousand promises we forgot, 
to be realized...

Two hearts beating, in this place you've made 
you know nothing changes, my Antarctica, 
one life pumping, 
We make love to make our heat 
and we throb in, my Antarctica..

caught and sheltered, this is what we made, 
you know..I will stay here, in Antarctica, 

and you will stay here, with 

me.

If you know Duran Duran well, you'll recognize this song...it's a bit obscure...and it's off the Liberty album...Simon's voice is strong and haunting in this one...

and as per usual, this blog's recipe is.....song, painting, message, peace....out.  

that was the song.... the painting today is different...I only used two colors, prussian blue, as you know- is my favorite...and my new hematite watercolor...made with hematite....so awesome..





the message?  

hmmmmmm.  let's see...what is the take home.... sometimes we all go through some winter....even if you don't actually have to deal with the snow....sometimes winter is just something you have to go through...to end up appreciating heat....the warmth that life has to offer...





it takes drive....and determination to drive through a blizzard and wind up on the other side...winters make your soul strong.... :)  right?  builds character... what doesn't bury you makes you stronger....all that jazz...

the key is....don't let the winter, harden you....keep the heat burning..... 



peace and love and heat....and hematite....and Duran Duran...who are still going strong.  :)  







#hematite
#watercolors
#myantarctica

No comments:

Post a Comment