Friday, February 13, 2015

fortress...





love...not fear...I've said it before...apparently you just can't have them both living together at the same time....

and that's true.  


let love flow...not be imprisoned.  

sometimes we put up our own walls...and sometimes other people don't realize how much of a fortress they built around the person they love....and laid down their own mines....only later to find them.  



this has got to be one of my favorite Sting songs....just after Fragile-




 probably...both songs reach me in a way no other has.

--under the ruins of a walled city
crumbling towers and beams of yellow light
no flags of truce, no cries of pity
the siege guns had been pounding all through the night

it took a day to build the city

we walked through its streets in the afternoon
as I returned across the the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear 
of walking on the mines I'd laid





and if I built this fortress around your heart
encircled you in trenches and barbed wire
then let me build a bridge 
For I cannot fill the chasm
and let me set the battlements on fire

then I went off to fight some battle

that I'd invented inside my head
away so long- for years and years
you probably thought or even wished that I was dead
while the armies are all sleeping
beneath the tattered flag we'ed made 
I had to stop in my tracks for fear 
of walking on the mines I'd laid

this prison has now become your home

a sentence you seem prepared to pay
it took a day to build the city
we walked through its streets in the afternoon...


had to stop in my tracks for fear....of walking on the mines I'd laid....








peace...and love....and setting battlements on fire and loving....with an open heart....loving yourself and loving your beloved, because they are to be loved.  


Happy Valentine's Day!    Spread the love around!  don't forget to feed cupid some chocolate.

  :) 





 <3  







No comments:

Post a Comment